Emo Court was designed by the architect James Gandon in 1790 for the Earls of Portarlington and is a magnificent example of this neo-classical style.
Emo, Co Laois
Emo Court was designed by the architect James Gandon in 1790 for the Earls of Portarlington and is a magnificent example of this neo-classical style. During the middle of this century it was owned by the Jesuits, it was then acquired and extensively restored by Mr. Cholmeley-Harrison in the 1960s. The house is surrounded by beautiful gardens and parkland which were first laid out in the 18th century and contain formal lawns, a lake and woodland walks with many very fine trees and shrubs. The house and gardens were taken into State ownership in 1994.
Adult EUR 2.75 Child EUR 1.25 Student EUR 1.25 Senior EUR 2.00 Family EUR 7.00 Group EUR 2.00
Leaflets: Yes Guided Tours: Yes Audio Visual: Yes Exhibition: Yes
Mid June - Mid September Tues - Sun 10:30-17:00 Gardens opened all day during daylight hours.
Restaurant: Yes Car Park: Yes Coach Park: Yes Disabled Access: Yes