This great value tour gives a wonderful overview of Ireland ending with a lively show of traditional Irish music, songs and step-dancing. Also included are tours to the Glasnevin Cemetary, Waterford Crystal Blarney Woollen Mills and the tour highlight of the Ring of Kerry renowned the world over for it’s stunning scenery.
- Duration: 8 Nights
- Start Location: Dublin Airport
- End Location: Dublin Airport
Day 1: Dublin Tour & Glasnevin Cemetary
Your tour starts at Dublin Airport. A group transfer to your hotel between 7:00 am and 12:00 noon. Should you arrive later than noon, you will need to transfer to the hotel at your own expense.
At 2:00 pm join your group and a local guide for an introductory look around central Dublin. Here you will find fashionable shopping areas around Grafton and Nassau Streets. View Dublin’s famous elegant Georgian squares and townhouses – you will notice the now famous, brightly coloured door of each house. Taking some time to view the Famine Memorial is a must.
Visit Glasnevin Museum, Ireland's national necropolis, which is a who's who of moderm Irish history and a fascinating insight into life in Ireland. Glasnevin cemetary isthe final resting place of Daniel O'Connell, Michael Collins and many other prominent Irish people. Back at your hotel meet with your guide and travel companions for a traditional Irish welcome drink. Dine independently this evening.
Day 2: Farm Visit & Waterford Crystal
Drive through the typical irish countryside to visit jerpoint Park Farm for tea and home-made scones where you can also watch the sheepdogs skillfully herd sheep. Continue on to Waterford Crystal to watch molten glass transformed into spectacular shimmering trophies by the skilled blowers and cutters. View the large array of items in the various showrooms where you have the option of purchasing various pieces. After dinner take a walk tour with a local guide to learn about the history of the locality. (B, D)
Day 3: Titanic Experience Cobh and Blarney Castle
Travel along the south coast of Ireland along to the town of Cobh, now famous for the Titanic Experience. Learn about the history of the ship and how the 123 Irish passengers embarked on the ill-fated ship on route to New York. After visiting Cobh take a trip to Blarney Castle to "kiss the Blarney stone". For those that do not wish to climb the top of the castle, take a walk through the lovely grounds with magnificent gardens and trees to admire. A stop at Blarney Woollen Mills is a must for Irish-made souvenirs. Drive from there to County Kerry to the town of Killarney. Check into your hotel and in the evening time you may wish to check out the many pubs where live music is played. (B, D)
Day 4: Ring of Kerry & Irish Night
Start off your day with a lovely jaunting car ride through the Killarney National Park for stunning views of Lough Leane and the Macgillycuddy Reeks Mountains before setting out on a a tour of the Ring of Kerry. The 100 mile Ring of Kerry route is known worldwide for its stunning views. Next, you will drive through Killorglin and Cahirciveen to cross by bridge to Valencia Island. Visit the Skellig Experience to learn about the rocky islands off the end of the peninsula where monks lived in early Christian times. In recent times the islands are known for their protected bird sanctuary. Stop in the village of Sneem and also at Moll’s Gap to view the famous Three Lakes of Killarney before returning to an Irish Night with dinner and traditional show in the evening time. (B, D)
Day 5: Cliffs of Moher & Galway Bay
Drive north through Listowel to Tarvet for a 20 minute ferry ride across the River Shannon Estuary. Continue your journey north to the Cliffs of Moher, a spectacular wall of sandstone that reaches to almost 700 feet above the Atlantic Ocean. We recommend you walk along the top of the cliffs to O’Brien’s Tower for great views. Driving through the Burren makes for some stunning views of rock formations to Galway city before checking in to your hotel. (B, D)
Day 6: Connemara & The Quiet Man Walking Tour
Day 6 includes the exploration of another of Ireland’s famous scenic regions, Connemara. Explore the sparkling lakes, peat bogs and granite hills. Travel alongside Galway Bay to Spiddal, where most locals speak the native Irish language. In Cong take a walking tour with a local guide to see locations for "Thw Quiet Man" movie which was made in the village in 1952. Have a casual lunch at a traditional pub before embarking on the Corrib Princess for a scenic cruise on Lough Corrib (March-October departures). Then return to your hotel where a free evening is in store (B, L)
Day 7: Kilbeggan Distillery and Dublin's Abbey Tavern.
On the morning of day 7, drive from Galway to the Kilbeggan Distillery in the center of the country to visit the Kilbeggan Distillery Experience. Continue your journey to Dublin to check into your hotel. Drive to the fishing village of Howth on the north side of the city for the end of your tour at the popular Abbey Tavern for a hearty Irish meal and lively show of traditional Irish music and song. (B, D)
Day 8: Depart for Home or Extra Day in Dublin
For those of you booked on our 7-day tour, complimentary group transfers are provided to Dublin Airport to arrive at 6:00 am, 9:00 am or 12:00 noon. (B)
If you have booked our 9-day tour, spend an additional day in Dublin with an independent Dublin open-top bus tour pass (valid for 24 hours) plus a visit to Guinness or General Post Office (B)
Day 9: Home Time!
You will receive a taxi transfer to Dublin Airport
B=Breakfast, D=Dinner L=Lunch
Please note prices are based on 8 day tour
- Dublin open-top bus tour (9-day tour only)
- Professional tour director throughout
- First class hotels with private bath/ shower
- Roundtrip Group transfers when you book our flights ($30 fee for transfers on Land-only bookings)
- Sightseeing by luxury coach
- Professional tour director
- 8 days/7 nights or 9 days/8 nights as per hotels listed
- Full breakfast daily except on day 1
- Dinners (D) including:
- - Traditional Irish Night in Killarney
- - Abbey Tavern traditional Irish dinner/show
- - 3 table d’ hote dinners
- - 1 lunch (L)
- Welcome get-together drink
- Tour of Dublin with a local guide
- Tea & scones at Jerpoint Park Farm
- Horse drawn jaunting car ride in Killarney
- Walking tour of Waterford and Galway
- Ferry ride across the River Shannon
- Coffee and talk on Irish life at Standun of Spiddal
- The Quiet Man walking tour of Cong
- Corrib Princess cruise from Galway (March-October)
- Tour and tasting at Kilbeggan Distillery Experience
- Dublin open-top bus tour with a visit and drink at Guinness Storehouse or General Post Office (9 day tour only)
- Visits and admissions to Glasnevin Museum, House at Wateford Crystal, Blarney Castle, Blarney Woollen Mills, Skellig Experience and Cliffs of Moher.
- Deluxe flight bag, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person
- Free Wi-Fi on coaches and in hotel lobbies
(Please note prices are based on a 8 day tour).
Overnights for this tour:
- Ashling Hotel , Dublin (1 night) for Thursday departures or the Gibson Hotel for Saturday departures.
- Dooleys Hotel, Waterford (1 night)
- Killarney Towers Hotel, Killarney (2 nights)
- Westwood Hotel, Galway (2 nights) or Castlecourt Hotel Westport for July 23rd departure (2 nights)
- Grand Canal Hotel, Dublin (1 or 2 nights depending on whether you are on a 8 or 9 day tour)
|Tour Start Date in Ireland||Tour End Date in Ireland||Land price Twin Sharing||Guranteed Departure|
|Sat 8 Oct 16||Sat 15 Oct 16||$1,398||Available|
|Sat 15 Oct 16||Sat 22 Oct 16||$1,398||Sold Out|
|Sat 22 Oct 16||Sat 29 Oct 16||$1,398||Available|
|Thu 29 Sep 16||Thu 6 Oct 16||$1,546||Please Call|
|Thu 6 Oct 16||Thu 13 Oct 16||$1,398||Sold Out|
|Thu 13 Oct 16||Thu 20 Oct 16||$1,398||Available|
|Thu 3 Nov 16||Thu 10 Nov 16||$1,198||Available|