They are situated near many beautiful sandy beaches and The Isle of Doagh. Ballyliffin is home to the world famous Ballyliffin Golf Club and is well known in the area for an abundance of excellent accommodation and food. Many of the villages’ hotels and B&Bs overlook the picturesque Pollan Bay.
Pollan Bay is a popular spot with surfers and walkers. The beach stretches for miles as far as “The Castles” in The Isle of Doagh where a naturally occurring blow hole is obvious when the tide is in. Other popular beaches in the area are Tullagh and Leenan near Clonmany.
• In the Summer Clonmany is alive with tourists and locals, especially during the annual Clonmany Festival which draws large crowds from all surrounding areas. The festival is well known for its live music acts and activities for children
• One of the biggest attractions in the area is the campionship standard Ballyliffin Golf Club, host of the 2008 Seniors Irish Open and past host to the Ladies Irish Open, and is famous for its link with professional golfer Nick Faldo.
The club consists of two 18-hole championship courses, “The Old Links” and “Glashedy Links”. Members and visitors enjoy excellent facilities in the recently constructed clubhouse. The club's 'Open week' takes place in July each year
• The Isle of Doagh is now linked to the mainland by a causeway. It juts out into the Atlantic and is surrounded by dramatic cliffs and beautiful sandy coves. From some parts you can see across to Lagg and Malin. In the past those living on the isle got a boat across the sea to Lagg Church for Mass on Sundays.
The Isle of Doagh is now famous for 'Doagh Famine Village' which depicts life in rural Ireland during the Great Famine. This is a very popular day trip for families and hosts school tours all year round. In the Winter it is transformed into a winter wonderland and Santa’s grotto and draws crowds from all over Donegal and Northern Ireland
• Shopping – Major shopping areas within close proximity are Derry and Letterkenny, both of which have all major Irish and UK high street stores
• Other activities include Irish dancing, modern dance, speech & drama, scouts, music, Inishowen Gospel Choir, Inishowen Carnival Group
o City of Derry Airport is a short 25 mins drive from Ballyliffin/Clonmany
o Belfast International Airport and George Best Belfast City Airport are 1.5 hours drive from Ballyliffin/Clonmany
o Bus Eireann and Ulsterbus provide services all over Ireland from Derry City
o John McGinley provides an excellent daily coach service to and from Dublin City Centre and Dublin Airport (Starts and Terminates at the Diamond in Carndonagh and passes through both Ballyliffin and Clonmany)
o Local bus companies provide service to other local towns and villages and to Derry City Centre – Lough Swilly Bus Company and North West Busways