Join our popular tour in Dublin and travel around the coast of Ireland. This tour provides excellent value for money. Visit historic 6th Century Glendalough, Waterford Crystal, Blarney Castle as well as a range of other attractions.
- Duration: 7 Nights
- Start Location: Dublin Airport
- End Location: Dublin Airport
Superior & First Class Hotels - 8 or 9 Day Coach Tour
Begin our popular Irish Adventure Tour of Ireland, in the capital city of Dublin where you will begin your adventure around the coastline of Ireland.
Enjoy the highlights of Dublin, Glendalough, Blarney, Waterford Crystal, the Ring of Kerry, the Skeelig Experience, the Cliffs of Moher and much much more. With mostly one night stays, this tour covers many places and provides excellent value for money.
Delicious breakfasts and most dinners are included at comfortable first class hotels as well as an evening of entertainment in Dublin.
Day 1: Dublin Tour & Book of Kells
A group transfer from Dublin Airport to your hotel will be arranged between 7:00 am and 12:00 noon. Should you arrive later, you will need to arrange your own transfer.
At 2:00 pm you will join a local guide in the hotel lobby where you will begin your half-day guided tour of Dublin. Take in the sights and sounds of the elegant Georgian squares before heading to O’Connell Street and the Famine Memorial.
Later you will visit Trinity College where the Book of Kells is kept in the Old Library. You are free to choose your own dining option tonight.
Day 2: 6th Century Glendalough & Dunbrody Famine Ship
After breakfast, you will leave Dublin and witness the delightful scenery of the Wicklow Mountains on the way to Glendalough. Here you will learn about St. Kevin’s 6th century monastery in the Glendalough Visitor Centre before walking through the site to see its stunning round tower, the old church ruins and various Irish Celtic crosses.
You will continue your drive south to New Ross where you can enjoy a walk through tour of the reconstructed 19th century Dunbrody Famine ship. Ships like the Bunbrody were used by Irish families to escape the horror of the Great Irish Famine. You will learn about the harsh conditions emigrants endured before reaching their destination.
Following the Dunbrody visit, drive to Waterford and check in to your city centre hotel. Enjoy a welcome drink before dinner. (B, D)
Day 3: Waterford Crystal & Blarney
On day 3 you will visit the Waterford Crystal Factory before travelling along the south coast via Dungarvan to the port town of Cobh, the last scheduled stop of the Titanic. A walking tour will reveal many of the places associated with emigrants as they left Ireland for better lives overseas. Drive through the outskirts of Cork city to reach the Blarney Woollen Mills, which stocks excellent Irish products.
In your free time we highly recommend kissing the Blarney stone at Blarney Castle.
Continue your journey west until Killarney is reached. Enjoy dinner in your hotel later that evening (B, D)
Day 4: Ring of Kerry & Skellig Experience
Today you will travel around the 100 mile route of the Ring of Kerry. The route boasts the Macgillycuddy’s Reeks Mountains on one side and the Atlantic coastline on the other. Watch a shepard and his skilled dogs round up sheep. As you drive through Killorglin and Cahirciveen before reaching to Valencia Island take in the breath taking views. Then you will be able to explore the Skellig Experience.
You will have some free time in Killarney before dinner. (B, L)
Day 5: Cliffs of Moher & Galway Drivearound
Drive north from Killarney town and take a ferry ride across the River Shannon Estuary and continue along the county Clare coastline.
As you travel through the outskirts of Limerick take a look around Bunratty Village before reaching Co. Clare where you can stop at the Cliffs of Moher. Next you will drive through the Burren and around the shores of Galway Bay. Take a tour of Galway before enjoying dinner in your hotel. (B, D)
Day 6: Yeats’s Grave & Derry Walk
Day 6 includes a visit to the shrine at Knock. Here you will be able to view the church where in 1879, villagers saw a vision of the Virgin Mary.
You will then travel through County Sligo to view the grave of W. B. Yeats. Then you will continue your journey by following the shoreline of Donegal Bay to Donegal town and past Blue Stack Mountains before reaching Derry. On arrival in Derry take a brief tour of the city where you will learn about it's medievil roots. (B, D)
Day 7: Giant’s Causeway & Irish Show
On day 7, you will be able to explore the northern coastline along with a visit to Dunluce Castle. Next you will visit the Giant’s Causeway before driving to Belfast. In Belfast you will enjoy a tour around the city where you will be able to view the old buildings. Visit Titanic Belfast and learn about RMS Titanic through state of the art displays. See the docks where the Titanic was built, (the Harland & Wolff shipyards) before visiting the Falls Road and Shankill areas.
Stop just south of Dundalk at the Glyde Inn which dates back to 1770, for a farewell dinner with Irish specialities and traditional music. Continue south to Dublin to check into your hotel in Dublin. (B, D)
Day 8: Depart for Home or Extra Day in Dublin
For those of you booked on the 8-day tour, complimentary group transfers are provided to Dublin Airport to arrive a:
- 6:00 am
- 9:00 am
- 12:00 noon
If you have booked on the 9-day tour, you will spend an extra night in Dublin. You may enjoy an open top bus tour around Dublin where a visit to Guinness or General Post Office is included.
Day 9: Depart for Home
You will take a taxi transfer to Dublin Airport on final day. (B)
- 8 days / 7 nights / 13 meals or
- 9 days / 8 nights / 14 meals
- Roundtrip Group transfers when you book our flights ($30 fee for transfers on Land-only bookings)
- Sightseeing by luxury coach
- Professional tour director
- 7 or 8 nights in hotels listed
- Full breakfast daily except on day 1 (B)
- 5 dinners (D) including: Glyde inn traditional Irish dinner/ show and 4 table d'hote dinners
- 1 lunch
- Welcome get-together drink
- Tour of Dublin with a local guide
- “Titanic” walking tour of Cobh
- Sheepdog trials of Ring of Kerry
- Ferry ride across the River Shannon
- Walking tours of Trinity College, Waterford, Galway and Derry with local guides
- Visits and admissions to Book of Kells at Trinity College, Glendalough Visitor Centre, Dunbrody Famine Ship, House of Waterford Crystal, Blarney Castle, Blarney Woollen Mills, Skellig Experience, Cliffs of Moher, Knock Shrine, W. B. Yeats' Grave and Giant's Causeway and Titanic Belfast
- Headsets for walking tours
- Deluxe flight bag, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person
- Dublin open-top bus tour with a visit and drink at Guinness Storehouse or General Post Office (9-day tour only)
(Please note prices are based on a 8 day tour).
Overnights for this tour:
- Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane (formerly Maldron Hotel, Cardiff Lane), Dublin (1 night)
- Dooley's Hotel, Waterford (1 night)
- International Hotel, Killarney (2 nights)
- Ardilaun House Hotel, Galway (1 night)
- Everglades Hotel, Derry (1 night)
- Croke Park Hotel, Dublin (1 or 2 nights depending on whether you are on the 8 or 9 day tour)
|Tour Start Date in Ireland||Tour End Date in Ireland||Land price Twin Sharing||Guranteed Departure|
|Wed 5 Oct 16||Wed 12 Oct 16||$1,498||Please Call|
|Wed 12 Oct 16||Wed 19 Oct 16||$1,498||Available|
|Wed 19 Oct 16||Wed 26 Oct 16||$1,353||Sold Out|
|Wed 26 Oct 16||Wed 2 Nov 16||$1,353||Available|
|Wed 2 Nov 16||Wed 9 Nov 16||$1,274||Available|
|Mon 3 Oct 16||Mon 10 Oct 16||$1,498||Sold Out|
|Mon 24 Oct 16||Mon 31 Oct 16||$1,353||Available|
|Mon 31 Oct 16||Mon 7 Nov 16||$1,274||Sold Out|
|Mon 28 Nov 16||Mon 5 Dec 16||$1,098||Available|