Coronavirus - Ireland Tours - Book with Peace of Mind find out more
The essence and variety of the West of Ireland is captured on this two centre walking trip in the Burren and Connemara.
The essence and variety of the West of Ireland is captured on this two centre walking trip in the Burren and Connemara. You will be based in 3 star hotels in locations that provide the richest variety of geology, scenery and walking conditions that could be desired.
The Burren is a remarkable area of more than 100 square miles of limestone landscape, where a rich variety of plants thrive in the cracks and crevices. Old pilgrimage sites and bog lands rich in flowers are the treats of Connemara.
GRADE: 2 boots. Moderate walks of 6-12 miles (10-19km) per day with gradual ascents of up to 900ft (275m).
Day 1 - Arrival
Arrival at accommodation in Lisdoonvarna, renowned for traditional Irish music. Dinner and briefing. Overnight in Lisdoonvarna (3 nights).
Day 2 - The Cliffs of Moher & The Atlantic Coast
A gentle walk by the Atlantic Coast allowing you to explore the countrysid.
Day 3 - Burren
Distance: 13km/8miles Ascent: 250m/900ft
The Burren is a unique internationally important habitat. You can explore it through a combination of walking on green roads and traversing of the karst limestone pavements, interspersed with rare arctic and alpine flowers.
Day 4 - Roundstone
Distance: 11km/6miles Ascent: 350m/1.150ft
Enjoy the views of the island dotted Atlantic coastline and the Clifden bog from Errisbeg, a small mountain behind the village of Roundstone. Overnight in Connemara (2 nights).
Day 5 - The Connemara Coast
Distance: 16km/10miles Ascent: little or none
Walk along the shore of Killary Harbour – Ireland’s only fjord. A ten-mile walk on the ‘Famine Trail’ through Connemara mountain scenery – lake dotted bog land rich in flora.
Day 6 - Depature
Transfer to the vibrant city of Galway – the capital city of the west of Ireland where you will depart your tour.
Note that, for weather or other reasons, on occasion the guide may have to change the sequence of walks or the walks themselves.
Dates 2010: May 15, June 5, July 10, Aug 14, 28, Sept 18, Oct 2
Price 2010: €865 per person sharing
Single Supplement: €150 for 5nts.
Go Ireland airport transfers
- We do not include the price of our airport transfers in our holidays to make it as transparent as possible. We want to minimise the money spent on airport transfers while maximising your valuable holiday time. You only pay for the transfer you need.
- Prices are per person and based on a minimum of 2 people per transfer.
- All transfers must be confirmed at the time of booking with flight numbers and times for arrival and departure. Otherwise we will assume you are making your own way to the first nights accommodation.
- Please note that refunds are not provided for any unused portions of the transfer.
- Private taxis can also be arranged, at the clients own expense, should the Go Ireland transfer timetable or public transport not suit.
Shannon Airport to Lisdoonvarna
Transfer at 11.00 on Saturdays from the information point in the arrivals hall for €35.
Galway to Shannon/Dublin airport
There is a great bus service from Galway to Shannon (5 times daily, journey lasts 1 hour 15 mins & costs €16 one way) or Dublin airports with http://www.citylink.ie/.
Individual taxis can be arranged as follows: Single
Shannon airport to Lisdoonvarna €90